"A sum of money is a leading character in this tale about people, just as a sum of honey might properly be a leading character in a tale about bees." - Kurt Vonnegut

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Taking a Walk

Last night was another weird night in Pokhara featuring the return of The Brit, the introduction of a bunch of hilarious Aussie girls, the unexpected gift of a joint, carefully rolled then inexplicably left behind by an older Russian paragliding instructor, and a campfire circle of hippies of diverse nationalities.  I guess these things just happen when you're traveling alone.  I never knew.

Tomorrow I'll leave on my trek.  I've got granola, chocolate, iodine tablets, instant soup and a pretty good idea where I'm headed.  I doubt I'll have internet access, but I'll try to finally post some pictures when I return in 6-8 days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment