"A sum of money is a leading character in this tale about people, just as a sum of honey might properly be a leading character in a tale about bees." - Kurt Vonnegut

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Escape From Kathmandu

I'll give you a money tally later, but the short story of Kathmandu is that one friendship lead to another and pretty soon I was involved in a full-fledged social life that went hand in hand with drinking obligations.  For the sake of the budget this had to stop.  I heard about a "donation only" meditation retreat from some of my new friends and decided to check it out.  After a fucked up 12 hour and 3 bus journey through the hinterland I've arived in the town that I set out for, but too late to check into the meditation center.  I'll try tomorrow and hopefully drive the average cost per day back down, but for tonight, a $4 hotel room and a $1 supper await, which puts me just over $10 for the day including travel. 

I may go dark for about a week if I can get into the meditation center, so don't be alarmed.  If all goes well I'll be back with a clear mind and a sound budget. 

(No little-red-line-spell-checker here?  Fuck it. Judge me if you must.)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I don't remember what I said but why did you delete my comment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said I should write a book...and you said my name...please refer to me as Stanley around here... :)

    ReplyDelete