"A sum of money is a leading character in this tale about people, just as a sum of honey might properly be a leading character in a tale about bees." - Kurt Vonnegut

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Seven Thousand Five Hundred Fifty-Five Dollars and Twenty-FIve Cents

I was given a gift.  She told me it was just some leftover granola bars, but when I looked inside there was also an envelope with 20 USD and a note.  Knowing my budget, she regretted the fact that she hadn't offered to let me share her taxi when we met after The Trek.  She wanted to make up for it, although she had already bought me dinner the night before.  She knew there was no way I would have accepted it, but now she's gone.   I wish I could thank her.

1 comment:

  1. :)

    I spy with my little eye...

    P.S. I watched 'Memento' on the way to Doha. I love it.

    ReplyDelete