"A sum of money is a leading character in this tale about people, just as a sum of honey might properly be a leading character in a tale about bees." - Kurt Vonnegut

Monday, July 19, 2010

My Own Private Medewi

I'm stuck at the moment.  I don't have enough money to pay my hotel bill until my ATM card is unblocked so I'm lingering in the tiny surfer town of Medewi, using my last 22 USD of cash on meal after 60-cent meal of delicious, satisfying, healthy nasi campur (Rice with "odds and ends" according to LP. Fantastic.).  My hotel has a view of the ocean, comes with coffee and breakfast, and at the current rate I can eat well, plus use the internet, for eight more days without going bust, hence I'm not all that worried about the money situation.  It'll get sorted soon enough.  In the meantime, I'm making use of the beautiful stretch of black-sand beach in front of my hotel on which I am usually the sole human presence.  I'm virtually alone here and I kind of like it that way.  Just for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment