"A sum of money is a leading character in this tale about people, just as a sum of honey might properly be a leading character in a tale about bees." - Kurt Vonnegut

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Life in the Dorms

Last night I had an early dinner and went to bed at 9:30 with Walden and my flashlight.  At 12:30 my Chinese dorm-mate came home, noticed that his entrance had woken me, and advised me in his limited english that he requested the pleasure of my company for some drug smoking.  I hesitated for about a half a second before getting up and joining him as he rolled joint after joint. It turns out that we both love Radiohead and the films of David Fincher.  We smoked, listened to Hail To The Thief, and rejoiced when we located the gift of the granola bars, both of us savoring their apple flavored crunch as if it were caviar.  My new friend, upon finishing his second granola bar, remarked with satisfaction, "I love the dorminy!"  Me too, brother.  Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment